Dr. Bill O' Gorman, from WIT, speaking about this site on WLR

Monday, August 10, 2009

Craig Healy: Life of a graduate entrepreneur

The following extract is from Craig Healy, a local entrepreneur from Wexford. Craig recently left collage and decided to start his own business. Read his story so far....

craighealysom@gmail.com or call 085 1352868.


I have always been a bit of an entrepreneur and have always had my hand in a few side projects even while at college. When I completed an honors degree in legal studies with business, at Waterford Institute of Technology, I found myself in a position where there were no jobs available in any line of work that suited me. This is the situation which many graduates now find themselves facing.

Graduating into the recession is difficult, however, I decided to take a proactive approach. Although a difficult time to start a business, being my own boss was the only way to go. So, here I am now after starting my own Driving School "Craig Healy School of Motoring", in my home town of Wexford.

The Road Safety Authority have recently regulated the rules for becoming a driving instructor so to qualify I had to through a number of exams first. Business was a bit slow at the beginning. I tried to get my name around and attract as many new customers as I could. Slowly but surely business is now starting to pick up.

If you have any queries email me at craighealysom@gmail.com or call 085 1352868.

Check back for more update from the Life of a Graduate Entrepreneur.
Craig

No comments: